The ULTRABIND™ 2 integrates milling, notching, double-fan gluing, notch filling and back lining all in one automatic self-adjusting in-line machine.
The ULTRABIND™ 2 has numerous safety features to meet the more stringent domestic and international safety requirements, such as safety light curtains, electrically interlocked hoods and a fully paneled machine prevents the operator from reaching into any of the machine’s moving parts and assures safety.
The ULTRABIND™2 will increase the quality of your product, especially when used with Mekatronics’ ULTRAFLEX™, a specially formulated PVA adhesive with proven performance.
The machine increases productivity for binders that must process one-off and ultra-short runs such as those encountered in hardcover On-Demand book manufacturing.
Essential supplies for the ULTRABIND™2
Resources & Background Information
- Adhesive Bindings…Unconditionally Guaranteed. January 1986
- Adhesive Binding Library Books Jan-Feb 1983
- Can Oversewing Make a Comeback? TNLS June 1992
- MEKANOTCH: An Adhesive Binding Method With A Future TNLS April 1984
- Quality DFA Bindings…A Shared Responsibility Part I TNLS Sept. 1997
- Quality DFA Bindings…A Shared Responsibility Part 2 TNLS June 1998
- Understanding the Use of Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Adhesives in Bookbinding
- WHY NOTCH? May 5, 1994
Click on image below for a larger view