The MEKABIND™ is a reliable and affordable double-fan entry-level adhesive binder.
A self-adjusting automatic machine, the MEKABIND™ is capable of processing paperbacks, books, serials and tabloids from 1/8″ (3mm) to 3-1/2″ (90 mm) in thickness with no make-ready or set-up time whatsoever. The MEKABIND™ is the ideal machine for the small binder or the in-house repair binder.
Operational safety of the MEKABIND™ is ensured by minimal clamping force during placement of the book block between clamps prior to the concurrent activation of two anti tie-down switches.
For a multi-function machine that incorporates double-fan adhesive binding see ULTRABIND™
Essential supplies for the MEKABIND™
Resources & Background Information
- Adhesive Bindings…Unconditionally Guaranteed. January 1986
- Adhesive Binding Library Books Jan-Feb 1983
- Can Oversewing Make a Comeback? TNLS June 1992
- MEKANOTCH: An Adhesive Binding Method With A Future TNLS April 1984
- Quality DFA Bindings…A Shared Responsibility Part I TNLS Sept. 1997
- Quality DFA Bindings…A Shared Responsibility Part 2 TNLS June 1998
- Understanding the Use of Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Adhesives in Bookbinding
- WHY NOTCH? May 5, 1994